Tuesday, December 27, 2005

JANUARY 12 -- Hearing on the Autism Bill


I am thrilled that Senator Thomas, the chair of the Banking and Insurance Committee, has scheduled a public hearing on the autism insurance bill for Thursday, January 12 at 9:30 a.m. If you support this bill, please come!

The hearing, which will probably last about an hour, will take place in Room 308 of the Gressette Building on the State House grounds. You can bring your child if you need to. The member of the subcommitttee who will be present at the hearing are:
Senator David Thomas, Chair
Senator Nikki Setzler
Senator Ronnie Cromer
Senator Kaye Patterson
Senator Thomas Alexander

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Lorri-
My name is Rachel Kirkland. I live in Virginia and am also a mother of a four year old on the autism spectrum. I too have found much the same situation in VA and don't have the legal background to get something like this off the ground here. Check out my blog at www.realityblah.com and once you get done with testifying, shoot me an e-mail and let me know how it goes. I would like to get a similiar piece of legislation introduced here. Thanks and good luck on the 12th. My prayers will be with you.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lorri Unumb said...

Thanks for writing, Rachel, and for your prayers. I will definitely give you an update after the public hearing on January 12th.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Lorri,

I'm anxiously waiting to here how things went today. I'm hoping things went well.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home